Nowadays, weight loss pills are not oriented toward losing weight but helping in the process of a long-standing change of lifestyle. In that sense, those who would like to get on track have to establish realistic goals and include them in an exercise and diet routine to avoid getting disappointed after the first take.
If you are interested in dropping some pounds off, these lines are for you. Here you will be able to find all you need to know about weight loss pills.
Table of Contents
- What are -and are not- Weight Loss Pill?
- How much weight can you lose with weight loss pills?
- How effective are weight loss pills?
- Who should use weight loss pills?
- Should you try to lose weight if you are pregnant?
- Best weight loss pills in the market
- Bottom Line
It is not a secret that many people would do anything to find a pill that would magically make them look as good as they have always dreamed.
During the ’90s, doctors thought they had nailed it with a combination of fenfluramine and phentermine, which basically melted all the fat consumed. A couple of years later, the follow-ups showed that consumers developed risky side effects, such as heart problems, high blood pressure, and even pulmonary hypertension. It resulted in fatal in some cases.
Then, the need to fight overweight and obesity motivated scientists to keep working on finding a cure for these problems without producing such affections. So they found the component that did not produce the mentioned casualties, but then doctors found that weight loss was not sustainable. Patients regained pounds and, in some cases, more than the original weight.
At that point, doctors realized their analyses always focused the research wrongly, they were attacking the symptom -overweight- instead of the underlying problem, the mindset, and lifestyle.
What are -and are not- weight loss pills?
Obviously, there is no need for an elaborated concept here. It is simple. They are pills that help you lose weight. However, the important thing here is that there are different types of weight loss pills.
- Prescription weight loss pills – Although it is always best to discuss taking any health product with a doctor, these pills can only be bought through a doctor with a medical prescription.
- OTC or over-the-counter diet pills – Anyone can find these in the counters of the drugstores. In other words, anyone can swallow these pills without a medical prescription.
- Herbal supplements for weight loss – These are not exactly considered medication and there is no need for a doctor’s approval to take them. Consumers can buy them not only in drugstores but also in vitamin stores and even online.
Even though some types of weight loss pills do not need a doctor’s prescription, it is always advisable that consumers discuss such intakes with their regular doctor in order to avoid negative interaction with other medications or with the specific requirements of the user’s body.
All these pills share a common goal and even general effects to create the consequence of losing weight. They are all looking to reduce appetite, in order to make the consumer feel fuller and helping avoid eating more than necessary; to diminish the absorption of certain nutrients to reduce the calorie intake; and enhance the body’s fat burning process, so fat stores -a.k.a. belly- can disappear.
Now that is clear what are weight loss pills, it is as important to understand what is not. Many people believe these are magical solutions that do not require any kind of effort. Nonetheless, these solutions are aimed at easing the weight loss process of the consumer. If there is no exercise and diet, it simply will not work. Remember, what’s important is changing the user’s mindset and lifestyle so it can be sustainable.
How much weight can you lose with weight loss pills?
The answer to this question can vary depending on the pill that is being taken and the actual effort the patient is putting on the weight loss process. However, this answer can range from nothing to a mere influence to 20 pounds, depending on the variables already mentioned. If the patient takes weight loss pills but does not do exercise or diet, it will probably be close to nothing. If the person, on the other hand, executes an exercise and diet routine while taking weight loss pills for a prolonged period of time, the scale will lower its strength over time.
How effective are weight loss pills?
The same way it is difficult to say precisely how much weight you can lose; the effectiveness of each weight loss pill will depend on the following aspects:
The solution the consumer is taking
It is important to have some knowledge of the effects of the weight loss pill intake. If the person is not taking the appropriate solution, it simply will not work.
The quality of the pill
There are many brands and companies in the market. Nonetheless, not all of them should be trusted completely. Some of them are just looking to profit, instead of selling a real solution for the client.
The consumer’s body response toward the pill
It is not a secret that the human body is really complex and we all have different responses toward certain medications. In other cases, people take different medicines that can generate negative effects when mixed with certain weight loss pills. This is the main reason why it is always recommended to discuss every health solution intake with a doctor.
Who should use weight loss pills?
This may seem an obvious question and there is nothing further apart from the truth. Certainly, people dealing with overweight and obesity are the most targeted group here, but there are many other groups can take them. In fact, many athletes tend to take weight loss pills on a regular basis and as do people dealing with anxiety or even depression.
Should you try to lose weight if you are pregnant?
The answer to this question will depend on your actual weight. If there is a chart of overweight or obesity, the answer is yes. However, this must be done safely for both the carrier and the baby. If you are looking to use weight loss pills during pregnancy, it is strongly -and urgently- advisable to discuss this with the obstetrician.
Best weight loss pills in the market
There are multiple types of weight loss pills in the market for sure, but this market is flooded with competence, thus there are many products to choose in each one of the mentioned types. In that sense, it is important to know which options are the best for every need and understand them a little more deeply in order to make a well-informed and conscious choice. Here are some of the most relevant weight loss pills:
310 Apple Cider Vinegar
One of the best replacement weight loss products is the dehydrated version of apple cider vinegar. It was created to provide the benefits of this healthy liquid while leaving behind the suffering of its strong taste and characteristic acidity.
- Increased satiety
- Enhanced digestive health
- Increases the good bacteria and decreases the unwanted bacteria
- It could lower the potassium level if consumed in larger doses
- It may cause esophageal burns
- If misused, it might lead to skin burns
This drug is very popular and it can be found under prescription or over the counter (depending on the place of residence). It works by preventing the body from breaking and absorbing the eaten fat, helping people drop some pounds during the weight loss process.
- The average weight reduction is 5-10% (very consistent for long-term use)
- It helps in the prevention process of diabetes 2
- It lowers the cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- It could damage the liver and/or the kidneys.
- Unpleasant gastrointestinal movements
- Many people gain weight right after stopping the medication
TruVision manufacturer offers a combination of two products called truFIX and truCONTROL. Both of them contain plant-based ingredients that will foster the body’s capacity to shed fat and improve its overall health.
This product was specifically designed to fight visceral fat and benefit important systems in the body, such as blood chemistry, blood sugar levels, metabolism, cholesterol levels and much more.
- Natural ingredients
- Trusted brand
- Income opportunity
- Easy to purchase
- Lack of clinical evidence supporting weight loss (ingredients)
- Potential side effects of the ingredients
The symbiotic formula aims at decreasing the body fat while maximizing the energy levels, transforming fat into usable energy, improving the capacity to focus and reducing cravings and appetite.
- It is made with natural ingredients
- The truvision brand is trusted and acknowledged in the market
- The purchase method is really easy
- There is always the possibility of experiencing the side effects that the ingredients cause
- There is no large or extensive evidence yet
The extract of the fruit under the same name creates an effect that basically inhibits or prevents the issuing of an enzyme called citric acid lyase, which produces fat. This way it helps consumers take off some weight.
- It provides minerals essential to good health
- The serotonin levels increase, which lowers the cravings and hunger
- Activates the metabolism, which helps increase muscle production and fat reduction
- Excessive consumption can lead to side effects like stomach upset, diarrhea and headache.
- The consumer focus on aspects different to the weight loss goal
- It may cause poor weight loss results
Hydroxycut is also one of the best weight loss product that will boost your metabolism to lose your weight. Anyone can find this product in various form like shakes, edible chews, pills, powder, just need to choose how you like to consume this product.
- this pill is easy to use. just take as you take your regular med prior your meal
- this is sugar-free
- contain less than 5 calories per serving
- you can also find and caffeine free version of this product
- one can face insomnia
- it might increase urination
Weight loss pills are not magical for sure. They are incredible tools that help people in the process dropping some pounds. The important thing is that consumers can see that their efforts lead to important progress so that it remains in their mindset for a long-standing -if not permanent- change of their lifestyle and health.