Breakthrough Ways For Perfect Health

Without referring to it as an alkaline diet, doctors and nutritionists in generally tell us to eat more fruits and vegetable and cut down on processed foods, meats, and sweets for better health. Essentially, they are telling us to have more alkaline-producing foods and reduce our intake of acid-producing foods.

How much alkaline food should we eat?

But how much more of the alkaline-producing foods should we have and how much less of the acid-producing foods is ideal? Of course, you can check your own pH level or ask a doctor to do it for you. If you want to do it yourself, you can place a litmus strip under your tongue. The color of the strip will change according to the acidity level from your saliva, after which you can match the color to the color on the chart that comes with the litmus strips.

Some doctors, or even non-doctors, can perform a live blood-cell analysis right in front of you. The test consists of taking one or two drops of your blood, placing it on a slide, and setting it under a magnifying glass or microscope connected to a monitor.

Signs that you may be acidic

There are likewise telltale signs in your body that reveal how much of those acid-forming meats and sweets you should “cut back” on. These are uncomfortable and painful signs that appear as weight gain, joint pains, heartburn, poor digestion (irregular bowel movement and intestinal cramping), fatigue, muscle weakness, urinary tract problems, receding gums, kidney stones, bone loss and skin problems. If you have three or more of these symptoms, then it may be time to shift to an alkaline diet.

What you should eat

Remember that an alkaline diet does not imply that you eat only alkaline-producing foods. It simply means that you eat 80% of your foods from the alkaline-forming group, while the other 20% should be protein-rich and other acid-forming foods. When your pH balance has improved, then you can lower the alkaline-forming part of your diet to around 65%.

An alkaline diet consists of whole foods, particularly fruits, vegetables, and root crops. This may also include nuts, seeds, spices, whole grains, and beans. Alkalizing beverages, like spring water and green tea, are also essential elements of this diet. Avoid processed and artificial foods, caffeine, white sugar, and white flour when possible, but don’t be afraid to use real butter and full-cream milk. For cooking purposes, use only virgin olive oil, coconut oil, and avocado oil.

These are daunting tasks, considering that American diet invariably includes meat, dairy, saturated fats, sugar, alcohol and caffeine. They can cause a build up of acid wastes in the body that is likely to become a perfect nesting ground for yeasts, fungus, molds, bacteria, and viruses. As you grown in age, too much acid in our body could result into adverse consequences, such as overweight, allergies, fatigue, diabetes, heart problems and cancer.

The principle of behind the breakthrough alkaline diet, also known as alkaline ash diet, is to produce a healthy balance between acid and alkaline in our system, not to eliminate them altogether. There are no shortcuts in doing this, unlike certain fad diets that encourage extreme starvation to attain their desired results.

Its principle is not anchored on extreme diet or heavy eating, but rather on eating food in moderation. In this light, an alkaline diet plan encourages healthy and moderate eating for the growing number of people using this principle.

More Stories
Healthy Pregnancy Weight Loss
Isagenix Healthy Pregnancy Weight Loss For Breastfeeding Moms